Tuesday 18 August 2015

Tuesday!

Today we went to the dump and we preformed the everything skit. Everyone there was so sweet and welcoming. When it came time for our skit, I remember standing in like and doing my part, but I was so nervous. But I kept telling myself, "focus on God", "this is all for Jesus". And at the end, we realized that we actually did an amazing performance.
-Lauren


After the skit we ate lunch and talked with the people. It was great getting to talk to them. I met a couple there names were Nani and Carlos. I also met man named Abraham. He spoke very good English. As we were leaving he asked for an English bible so I gave him mine. It was amazing experience. 

-Naomi

Today has been life changing so far! After packing up close to 70 sandwiches, as well as water and toothbrushes and toothpaste we travelled to a dump, which was 4km by 3km of garbage upon garbage. The people who worked there were digging through the garbage looking for anything that could be of use including plastic. There were also about 20 cows who were being fed all the food remains. Some of these mountains of garbage could be as tall as a small house and still truck after truck came each hour packed full with more garbage for them. Seeing all that was seriously humbling and being placed on bathroom duty at work will most likely never be as big of an issue again. Following that we got to preform our everything skit which they seemed to enjoy. And then I shared my testimony with the group with translation from Saul. This was an amazing but nervous experience although God was ultimately in control. If everyone is reading this back in the Seeley family I just want to welcome Maria to Canada! See you guys soon!
-Laura

Having done VBS these past 2 days have been incredibly amazing. Once you see how the kids join in and hug you before you leave, it really shows you that what you are doing pays off and is not just a thing you come to the D.R. to do.
-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Laura, Maria is here and having a blast. Miss you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete