Wednesday 19 August 2015

Hospital

This morning 10 of us had the opportunity to visit the hospital down here in the Dominican.  We visited two parts of the hospital, the broken bones section and the kids cancer section. 
     During morning prayer someone asked God to break our hearts with what breaks His, and my heart was broken.  I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity to visit these children.  Some showed joy and hope even amidst their sickness; and some were sad and seemed hopeless.  I have felt so blessed to have been able to share the gospel with these children as Jesus is our hope. He is there for us through all our tough times, and when we give our lives to him we get to go home to our Heavenly Father and live in perfect heaven where there is no sickness.  I pray that what was told to these kids and their parents will go to their hearts and I ask that you guys pray for this too. 
     We finished our visit by handing out stuffed animals to the sick kids including some kids who were going through chemotherapy and the smiles on their faces just broke my heart (but in an amazing way) What a fantastic experience, praise God! 
-Victoria 

Really good experience at the hospital this morning. The kids were very positive and happy despite their situation. 
Giving the kids in the orthopaedics section stuffed animals and watching their faces light up will definitely be a highlight of the trip for me. 
-Sydney
I've been so blessed and moved today as we shared God's love with these beautiful children. This young girl specifically was a patient in the cancer ward and she hugged me and held my hand and continued to show me around. The amount of joy and faith this girl had was amazing and her smile and laughter when she found the mirrors we brought lifted my heart. This is a moment and an experience I won't forget, praise the Lord on high for this. (Amazing Photo creds to Victoria)
- Madi

When we entered the cancer ward, the first thing I noticed wasn't how sick the children looked, or what they looked like, it was how happy they looked. When we were giving them snacks and a beanie baby, they were just so welcoming and happy. They smiled so much and even laughed. It was a truly humbling to experience.
-Lauren

It was a joy to share gods love through an illustration such as the everything skit at the hospital. Seeing the smile on everyone's face and the joyous laughter is amazing.
-Emanuel

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blessing! You are all covered in prayer! Love you Vikki!

    ReplyDelete