Thursday 20 August 2015

Prayer walk-Thusday


What an amazing experience at the prayer walk this morning. We talked and prayed with a family in their home for an hour and seeing all those people come to Christ was very inspiring. 
-Sydney 

Today's prayer walk was so refreshing.  The group of us there got to witness 5 people give their lives to Jesus!!! It brought tears to majority of our teams eyes.  The purpose of going down here is to bring the people of Dominican to Christ and share the gospel, doing that today brought an indescribable joy.   I thank God for the way his spirit has flown out of people and guided them to say things to the locals here.  Like this morning when Lynda shared her testimony and asked the 19 year old boy if he wanted Jesus in his heart.  There's no love like Jesus' love and He changes lives.  Today we gained 5 new brothers and sisters in Christ and I can't wait to see them again, praising God in heaven, when He calls us home.  
Thank you Lord! 
-Victoria 
We're done on the job site but we still have today and tomorrow for VBS, I love hanging out with the kids there. I get an extra work out because of the songs that we do with the kids
-Jonathan

Alas we are finally done construction , and on our way to a fun-filled afternoon of VBS! I remain in disbelief at the amount of work that we got done but at the end of the day, it was truly God that gave us the strength to get through the morning. These last few days have really showed me just how amazing and powerful God is, and how He will always be with us, no matter where we go or what we do. I have learned to put my faith and trust in God, knowing that He is the only way to salvation, and the only one who can provide for my needs, no matter what they are. I look forward to what the rest of the week holds, and I can only hope that God continues to use us to serve Him in such amazing ways, that whatever happens would be for His honour and glory. 
-The Biebs (Justin)


Everyday at VBS so far as soon as we get to the church the kids come and give us hugs and try to talk to us. On the first day a girl named Grisleidy was in my group for the craft. The next day when she saw me she ran up and gave me a hug!  Every other day when I got there she ran up and gave me a hug! On the second day the craft was writing the name of a friend you want to pray for on a paper leaf. Grisleidy asked my mom who speaks a little Spanish what my name was and how to spell it and wrote my name on her leaf. It was so sweet. I wish tomorrow wasn't the last day of VBS. I will miss VBS and all the kids when we come back to Canada. Also, today was the salvation message. We did the everything skit and made the bridge illustration on the floors to with tape. Then the kids who wanted to recive Jesus into their hearts came forwards. It was amazing! Almost every kid came up! 

-Naomi

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Keep shining His light...you never know which hearts God has prepared to hear your message. You may be blessed to see the results or they may make a decision after you are gone...but keep sharing. Blessings to you all and we miss you!!! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having some amazing experiences sharing Jesus! What a blessing you have been and I am sure you have been blessed as well. We are proud of each one of you as you have put aside video games and your own summer agendas to serve our great God. Can't wait until you are home to hear about your experiences in person. Love you Jonathan! The 3 Petchs left behind in Georgetown

    ReplyDelete